Fabrication Operator (NC, Arden)
Posted on: 02/10/2023
The Fabrication Operator will operate various fabrication machines, including a deburring machine, press brake, laser, saw, and more. This is an opportunity to learn many areas of the fabrication shop.
- Sets stops on machines, changes dies and adjusts components when making passes
- Installs, aligns and secures holding fixtures to machine bed using gauges, templates, feelers, shims and hand tools
- Inspects work piece for defects
- Measures work piece and verifies dimensions using micrometer, template, straight edge and scale
- Selects and positions die sets into the machine and secures them
- Performs routine maintenance on equipment and determines when and what kind need to performed
- Reads blueprints for specifications to determine the dimensions of the product
- Marks identifying data on workpiece
- Troubleshoots and corrects operational and quality issues
- Maintains coolant levels and grease levels in the press break
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills:
- High School Diploma and 3+ years of working experience
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of Mathematics
- Must have fabrication experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.